Nectar Reopening Guidelines
We ask that all patrons respect our new safety policies:
WHAT WILL BE CHECKED AT THE DOOR?
All individuals will be required to present an official government photo ID and one the following prior to entry:
– Vaccine card, photocopy of card, or a photograph of the vaccine card showing full vaccination at least 14 days prior to entry.
– Proof of vaccination in an approved vaccine verification app
– A negative COVID-19 test within 48 hrs of arrival, administered at one of the approved locations found here
NOT FEELING WELL?
Please do not enter the venue if you have a fever, are feeling sick, or displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, flu, cold or other transmissible diseases. Better yet, stay home, rest up, take care of yourselves and reduce the chance of getting others sick. If you’ve purchased a ticket to an upcoming show but come down with symptoms, please e-mail email@example.com and let us know you’d like to request a refund for a health related reason. We’d be happy to oblige, no questions asked. Thanks!
HOW ABOUT MASKS?
Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a mask while inside Nectar and High Dive, since patrons will not be able to maintain adequate social distance from employees and each other at all times (as per WA State). There are no masking requirements for vaccinated people, although we support masking for any/all patrons who choose to wear one.
We encourage them, as CDC says this is the best way for large gatherings to resume safely. Live music venues were the first to close and the last to reopen, and the best way to reduce outbreaks and all indoor transmission is through widespread vaccinations.
By entering VENUE [Nectar Lounge / High Dive], you and the members of your group voluntarily assume the risks of contracting COVID-19 and agree to release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue ARTIST or VENUE [Nectar Lounge / High Dive] (including their owners, officers, employees, volunteers, agents and the City of Seattle), and hold these entities and persons harmless from liability regarding any and all claims relating to COVID-19 and indirectly or directly arising out of or relating to VENUE [Nectar Lounge / High Dive].
CAPACITY & SANITATION:
For the increased comfort & safety of fans, artists and employees, Nectar and High Dive have decided to reopen with a self-imposed 20% reduction in capacity, as well the following implementations:
– Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the venue, at front door, all bars
– Bathrooms updated with touchless fixtures, soap and paper towels
– Touchless payment and check-in options
– Frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces
– Updated HVAC system featuring MERV13 filters and UVC disinfecting lighting
– Additional air conditioning unit for increased comfort
– Room modifications for increased traffic flow
– As always, open-air patio increases fresh airflow to main showroom at Nectar
– All employees will be fully vaccinated and will be wearing masks upon reopening.
Thanks for your ongoing cooperation and support and for helping us keep live music on tap in Fremont!!